Music score for Schindlers list
Composed for the movie Lion king
Score for Titanic
Composed music for film The Hateful Eight
Ghost Busters music composer
Famous for James Bond movies
Music score for Tim Burtons films
Music for films starring Sigourney Weaver
Music for Lord of the Rings
Famous for the film Ghost
Films The Avengers and Forest Gump
Music for films with character Katniss Everdeen
Music for West side Story
What film studio made WALL-E, Toy Story and Brave?
In which country was Lego invented?
The longest running show ON BROADWAY is...
Which show was based on the autobiography of Gypsy Rose Lee?
What was the name of the first hippie musical?
Which show, starring Robert Preston and Barbara Cook on Broadway?
Which show about Danny and Sandy was made into a film with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
What did the Little Shop hold in the movie which premiered in 1982?
What cult classic was made in 1975?
Which 90s revival hit shares its name with a gangster city?
Famous movie or play about a lion?
What movie or play is about a village girl falling in loe with a beast?
What famous movie or playabout a girl that's not in Kansas anymore?
The prequel for The Wizard of Oz
Who was US President when America entered World War II?
Who succeeded Nixon as President of the USA in 1974?
What film adapted from a one-woman off-Broadway show is considered the most profitable movie in Hollywood history?
Which candy did the boy in E.T. use to lure the extraterrestrial?
What was the original title of the horror classic "Halloween"?
What kind of animal was Baloo in The Jungle Book?
• One of the greatest composers of film music. He composed the music for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Star Wars and many others.
• A Canadian composer, he composed an opera, The Fly, and over 40 film scores including The Lord of the Rings.
• Sinister movie of a 25 foot man eating shark. Music composed by John Williams.
• Melodies associated with a particular character that recur throughout the film.
• A piece composed by Samuel Barber and used in the movie Platoon. It expressed the shock, disbelief, and sorrow experienced by soldiers in the Vietnam War.
• The sharing of another person’s feelings or emotions.
• Suggesting actions or events BEFORE they happen.
• A bit of a misnomer as music and sound was provided by a pianist or organist. The earliest movies were these kinds of movies.
• The specific music for a particular scene in a film or television production.
• The same individual who invented the light bulb has also been credited with creating the movie camera.
• Famous cellist who provided much of the music for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
• Edison’s 1889 invention. Seen as the forerunner of the present day movie camera.
• The professional responsible for selecting, commissioning, and/or writing the music track for a film or TV production.
• Early film director from France. His film Voyage to the Moon (1902) is one of the first films that actually told a story.
• To determine which scenes should have music.
• A series of clicks that allow the conductor to synchronize the orchestra’s playing to the film.
• In 1924 he composed and published Motion Picture Moods for Pianists and Organists which helped the pianist or organist to choose music appropriate for the scene in early silent movies.
• Before the digital age, music for all films were recorded on a film similar to audiotapes coated with an oxide surface.
• Putting all the elements of sound- dialogue, sound effects, and music- onto one soundtrack.
• Composing music expressly for a film or TV production.
• He scored the soundtrack for Star Trek: The Next Generation as well as The Passion of Christ
• The first “Talkie” movie featuring Al Jolson singing to his own mother.
• Frodo, Gandalf, and the rest of the crew owe their voices to Howard Shore who composed the music for this film.
• The first successful attempt at synchronized sound was accomplished through this phonographic machine. It was used to create the first talking film.
• A perforated strip along a film’s edge containing coded representations of the sound. Music composed for films will often be sold separately as it can stand on its own merits.
• One of the biggest names in Disney movie music. He scored the soundtrack for Beauty and the Beast, Newsies, and Frozen.
• A Rapper turned musical director.
Stanley spelled backwards(main character's last name
Stanley's best friend
setting for most of the book
what did they dig everyday
how many siblings did ever stanley in the yelnats family have
seting of some of the flashbacks
what role does Jon Voight play in the movie holes
who did zero steal the shoes from
what was the name of the shoes Zero stole
what role does Sigourney Weaver play in the movie Holes
Music reflected earlier modial style. Major/minor tonality. Baroque Composer
Last great English composer until the 19th century
Virtuoso Violinist, Composed the four seasons
Wrote in every Baroque form except opera, generally wrote in polyphonic texture
Italian Operas and English Oratio, Wrote the messiah
often called the father of the string quartet and symphony. Inspired by Messiah to write the oratio Creation
Wrote a huge number of masterpieces including don giovanni and his unfinished requiem
Musical genius of the classical period.
Master of the art song
published only piano music, Romantic composer
Founder of the nocturne. Polish nationalist composer famous for his piano pieces
Incredible pianist and showman. Created the symphonic poem (tone poem)
Wrote symphony fantastique. Romantic composer who challenged the norm.
Music was viewed with suspicion by russian nationalists due to its western influences.
Romantic composer who reflected classical forms in his music
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mozart's father, Leopold, was a conductor, composer, and music teacher in the ___________ of Salzburg's Court.
Young Mozart spent many hours listening to his sister, Maria Anna, play the ________ and by the age of three he could play it too.
By the age of six, Mozart had already composed his first piano ________.
Leopold Mozart decided to take his talented children on a musical tour of ______.
Mozart married _______ _______ when he was 26 and they had two sons.
Two of Mozart's most famous operas are "The Magic Flute" and "The _______ __ ______"
By the age of _________, Beethoven had already written his first composition.
Beethoven has studied music with both Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and ______ ______ ______.
Beethoven was well known as a virtuoso ________ long before he was recognized as a great composer.
Beginning in the late 1790's, Beethoven began to lose his hearing. One of his greatest works, the _______ ________ was written when he was completely deaf.
Early in his career, people thought Beethoven's music was to strong, too forceful, and hard to ________.
Musicians since the middle ages were sponsored by patrons, either the church or a wealthy ________.
________ was the most important element in a composition and it was usually given to an easy to hear instrument.
Musicians were hired to skillfully display their talents as a composer and performer with music that reflected the "_____ __ ___ _____"
Music composed in the classical period _______ national boundaries, meaning that it was not identifiable with a particular country or region.
Franz Joseph Haydn was know as the "Father of the _________"
In 1740, Haydn was admitted to a boarding school where singers were trained for the emperor's court in _______.
In 1761, Haydn began work for Prince ________ in Austria and soon was put in charge of all court music.
From 1791-1794 Haydn wrote his last twelve symphonies called the "______ Symphonies" while in England.
The "________ Symphony" is one of his most famous pieces. It uses loud kettle drums to wake up anyone who may be sleeping.
Haydn's _______ of instruments in his orchestra formed the basis for modern symphonic orchestras.
Katniss' last name
Who Katniss got her pin from
Katniss' District 11 ally
Bakers son/ tribute
Gales nickname for Katniss
Living things mutated by the Capitol
What you call the winner of the games
Name of Prims cat
Katniss' hunting partner
Bird on Katniss' famous pin
Country that all of the characters live in
Where President Snow lives
Where the games take place